March 30, 2020
10 Best Parts of Successful Websites
Those days are certainly gone when a business didn’t prefer a website or used to have one only with a description. In this tech-dominating world, a proper functioning website has become imperative for an MNC, SMEs, startups, and even a grocery store- to say the least.
As a matter of fact, if you want to make your business successful, an effective site is a must.
Once you’ve successfully decided that you must have a website, it doesn’t mean you would end up making one without knowing how to make it effective.
That means you must understand and include some of the important website features that would help target customers to find you, connect with you, and make a purchase.
Not a tech freak?
Don’t worry, we bring you 10 essential elements that will make a good website and to stand you tall above the rest.
Let’s discuss them!
1. Identify your Business Objectives: As a business, you must set a goal if you want to outperform competitors. Try to make a whole bunch of things that you want to generate from your website. Ask your team to list things such as the design of the website, the reason behind designing the site, the results you want from your website, and so on.
According to those goals, you must plan your strategy before you make any decision.
Always remember that the goal of your website is directly proportional to name, logo, niche, title, and tagline of your website.
2. Make a Stunning Home Page: When it comes to generating traffic on a website, your site must have the ability to attract the visitor within the first few moments they visit your website
Keep this in mind that every second matter when a visitor visits your website. According to a study, more than 90% of visitors like to take instant action about you and your website by watching the home page.
A website must be informative and attractive while not leaving any scope for guessing as you might lose your potential customer.
When everything is going well, don’t forget to recheck your promo message, logo, and the first paragraph of your home page. It should be compelling as visitors must stay over there and browse your website.
Those big, glossy are great sales assets, but try to incorporate them wisely.
3. Prioritize Speed Optimization: No matter how attractive your website’s home page is, if your site doesn’t load fast, all your hard work would go in vain.
Loading time is one of the important aspects you must look upon as it may significantly impact your bottom line.
“Even a few moments of delay in the page load could cause a more than 5% reduction in conversions”.
If you think that’s not enough, then think twice about that!
For instance, if you generate $10,000 in online sales in almost 7 days, those few seconds will cost you over $36,000 in revenue per year.
For Instant, you can check out : How to optimize your WordPress site speed?
How is that now?
If you want to find out whether your website has a good load speed or not, you must consider Google’s PageSpeed Insights.
When you do so, you will get a score of between 0-100; this will let you find out the performance of your site across different digital platforms. Remember that, two major aspects are evaluated, “time to above-the-fold load” (what a user sees before they have to scroll down) and “time to full page load.”
Remember that the score must be higher to ensure a better experience for both user experience and SEO ranking.
4. Captivating Images: Images play an incredibly important in the success of a website.
According to a recent study, viewers usually spend between 12-15 seconds on any given website. And that decides whether they would stay or not.
But just think about it! Are you going to read a long and dreary copy? Probably not!
They’re looking for attractive images.
If you think it’s the basic thing like others, then your answer is dissenting.
Remember that incorporating interesting does impress your visitors more than anything. To be different among the herd of sheep, try using creative web designing ideas and compelling style.
The main objective of using stunning templates is that web designing can significantly reflect your brand well and catch loads of visitors.
5. Consider Mobile-Friendly Version: Since the smartphone market has gained a strong foothold on the market, people use mobile devices to search for anything they want.
This has now become potentially quintessential for businesses to make their website mobile-friendly so more and more users can leverage your services.
More than 55% of visitors, these days, prefer to open websites in their smartphone devices. This means you have no choice left to make your website mobile-friendly.
If you want to outperform your competitors and want to gain substantial traffic, you should also prefer designing the mobile version of your website.
As per the study conducted, more than 25% of people, every second, are using smartphones and tablets for searching on the internet and that’s the reason, your website must be mobile optimized.
6. Have a Clear Call-to-Action: Generally, call-to-action words include “shop now”, “buy now”, or request a quote. These words are included on the website to attract users to make an action at the earliest.
If you want to use CTA, ensure that it must be designed in a manner that visitors must get a proper understanding of the product or services you want to offer. This would certainly help you to attract them to your site even if don’t want to buy anything. Furthermore, using a catchy CTA would certainly convince them to send an inquiry or make a purchase.
7. Don’t Overlook Content: Another essential part of a successful website is nothing but high-quality content.
Whether you talk about marketing efforts or about delivering useful information to visitors, the answer is this relevant and informative content.
Using high-quality content does play an important role in the success of your website and generating website. This would certainly make your visitors more likely to know about your business and enjoying your services, purchasing your products, etc.
8. Prioritize CMS: When it comes to eCommerce websites, especially, the usability of a business website depends a lot upon the content management system.
Most importantly, this also depends upon your website’s capability to update content and interact with others. That’s the reason when you have an SEO-centric CMS, there are more chances that your website would get on the first page of search engine result pages (SERPs).
Remember that the type of platform your website is built upon would certainly create a significant impact on its overall performance and how easily you can update the content of your website and interact with your visitors.
It doesn’t mean, you would blindfold do anything without any proper plan. While selecting a content management system for your website, you must consider a few things before you move forward;
- Faster loading speed
- Content modification
- Backed by a fervent crew of designers and developers to help you on WordPress
- SEO friendly
- 100% secure to prevent any possible hacking attempt
9. Go for Perfection: If you want to maintain your credibility on the market, make sure you never compromise on anything that can make your website slow and sloppy.
If you don’t care about it, your business image would be severely impacted no matter how popular you are.
If you don’t want to earn money from your website, you will surely don’t want to look obsolete and unorganized on the internet.
To be consistent, make sure you timely audit your website and update it oftentimes. It must be your duty to check they are in a working condition whenever any click is being made.
If you possible this point, you might be overlooking the violation of internet etiquettes, as well.
10. Seek Assistance & Support: Last but not least, if you want to make your website a successful one, always leverage supportive elements and projects that can make your website faster than what you’ve expected.
With increasing competition in this technology-driven world, the number of websites on the internet has completely vanished the days when web designers used to think that making the site is the only thing that needs to be done and leave everything upon the expectation that users will come and make a purchase.
If you are looking to make a successful website for boosting your business, these 10 tips would surely help you stand tall over your competitors.
When you think of choosing the best web design services, you must investigate and ask them about the crucial elements that make a good website.
And the fact of the matter is you must evaluate their performance level and creativity in various aspects so that you can make a robust foundation of your website.
Consider choosing the web development company will certainly help you increase the performance of your website on multiple digital channels.
You can also check out our other SEO guide that might you as well to improve your SEO
- How to optimize the speed of your WordPress site?
- 10 SEO Metrics You Need to Measure When Launching a New Website
- 12 Techniques to improve your website speed